July 28, 2017 — ForgeableSum
- Observer can now see icons of all the unit types and counts for every player in the game. The type and count icons appear in the same place (top right) as the unit type icons you see when not in observer mode.
- Observer can now select units and view info about that unit.
- Added a small box below the player list in the main lobby. The box has some social media links and the account name you are currently logged in, along with a link to your account profile and match history.
- Unit info now shows the DPS with bonus damage taken into account.
- Implemented auto-matchmaking. Enter auto-matchmaking by hitting the "find game" button in the lobby. Free players will be able to auto-matchmake for the deathmatch 1v1v1v1 game mode and paid players will be able to auto-matchmake for both deathmatch and standard 1v1 game modes. In the future, I may add more game modes to auto-matchmaking for paid players, including 2v2 standard and 2v2 deathmatch.
- Implemented a new unit: the weaver. The weaver is an advanced anti-air unit which can be built from the tank factory. It is meant to be a relatively cheap (25 ore, 50 carbon) upgrade to the merk if air units are giving you too much trouble in the mid game. It is slightly faster than all mechs as well (220 pixels/second vs 200) and shoots homing missiles (170 DPS to ground and 300 to air) which never miss, regardless of how fast the targeted unit is moving. Weavers are also relatively tanky compared to mechs with 1200 hp (the merk has only 900).
- Workers will no longer lose their inventory when they cancel harvesting to do something else.
- You should no longer get a "server full" message when the servers are not all full.
- Redid all player colors other than player 1. Previously, the unit textures were created by doing a hue shift of 72 degrees on the player 1 texture. I now use an increment of 150 degrees, giving the units a more distinctive look. Player 2 (once purple) is now red, player 3 (once dark red) is bright green and player 4 (once yellow) is light purple.
- Fixed a game-breaking bug which was caused by game start functions being run more than once.
- Fixed 2 server-side errors which sometimes broke the game you were in.
- Unlock building UI should properly disappear at the end of a deathmatch game. They should also appear below other in-game interfaces (like the resources tab).
- When a host leaves a room and there is still 1 or more people left, those people are no longer kicked. Instead, someone else in the room becomes the host.
- Shrunk the unit info window and made it appear only when appropriate. The unit info box also no longer receives input events (to allow move clicking to the bottom right of the window).
- Fixed the observer not being able to see worker lasers and effects.
- You can no longer add AI in Deathmatch as the AI I wrote is meant for standard mode.
- Ore is no longer drawn to the map in deathmatch, regardless of whether it exists in the map file.
- Removed the idle button in observer mode or non-standard game modes.
- Fixed some padding issues in the pre-game room.
- Fixed and re-enabled the tutorial.
- Adjusted some of the unit sound volumes.
- De-saturated the tech lab and tank factory so they fit the color balance on the other buildings.
- Fixed lobby online players list showing the same person twice.
- Fixed ping colors not showing properly in the "players in room" dialog box.
- If a player surrenders and goes to another tab while more than 1 person is still left playing the game, those people will not get a reconnecting screen for the tabbed-out player.
- Fixed full screen button not working.
- Weaver default hotkey now working.
- Weaver build time increased from 5 seconds to 12 (oops).
- ELO change now appears in proper format in match history (e.g. [old rank] +/- rank gained/lost).